Sunday, January 9, 2011

In My Mailbox (1)

In My Mailbpx is a lovely meme hosted by Kristi over at The Story Siren. These meme gives us a chance to share what books (or bookish things) we've picked up over the last week.

Books
Anna and the French Kiss, by Stephanie Perkins
The DUFF, by Kody Keplinger
City of Ashes, by Cassandra Clare
Cold Magic, by Kate Elliot

Bookish Things
I got a Nook for Christmas, and here it is in all its glory. It's sitting on the protective sleeve I knit for it. I'm really excited to have it. Although I love books, and will never stop buying and reading physical books, the Trekkie in me has been wanting a datapad since I was about five years old, and ereaders are like all my dreams coming true. Next goal: holodecks.

Ok, I'll admit this is a bit of stretch, but I love books, and I love tea...so there you go. Anyway, my old hot pot died about a week ago and, since I don't actually own a normal tea kettle (because of the hot pot...see the cyclical problem here?) I've been having to heat water on the stove in a normal sauce pan, which just lacks so much of the razzle dazzle. So I went to Target and picked up this adorable electric hot pot. It's everything I could want, plus ridiculously cute.

3 comments:

  1. I want to read "Anna and the French Kiss" and "The DUFF" so badly! Can't wait to hear what you have to say about them. And the Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare is amazing. Great choices!

    And yay for e-readers! I (Britney) have a Kindle but Farrah got a Nook for Christmas and we're both loving them as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My work has a few kindles, so I'm getting to figure out both formats, which is really awesome. I prefer the interface of my Nook, but there are some awesome things about the Kindle too (like being able to email your kindle files instead of having to plug it in).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your electric tea pot is *way* cuter than mine. Kinda jealous.

    I've got to get a kindle soon! The selection of English books in Japan makes me want to cry...

    ReplyDelete